Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Girl, I Second That Emotion, The Way You Do The Things You Do

All great songs! Those are the kind of Temptations I like. Not the kind I had to face today. A fellow teacher of mine had an "Inauguation Party" for her students complete with DELICIOUS smelling pizza. She offered me some... and it did smell so good... but I have a goal. I have a destination to get to and random pizza does not fit.

Feeling proud of myself for skipping the pizza, I went on with my day. We had a meeting after school when this SAME (unnamed) teacher plopped a box of Oreos and Fudge Striped Cookies on the table next to me. I could just smell the chocolate begging me... but.. I only looked once - and it wasn't even close to wanting one - it was just to see exactly what they were. YAY for me!

Today I also tried Water Aerobics, the jury is still out on whether or not I like it. I mean it was different, but I don't know if it's "enough" of a workout for the amount of time I put in. I'll see how I feel in the morning. Although I did ride the recumbent bike for a half hour after because I didn't feel like I had worked out at all.

So much to tell.... Last night I finished Sole Sisters (recommended to me by Irene). Some stories were more inspirational than others, several made me at least tear up if not completely break down. One story inspired me so much, I'm going to run in the race that it presented. Chapter 4 is about the Allentown Women's Classic 5K. It's a very girly race held in October. It sounds like a blast. I informed my parents that we are taking a mini vacation that week, to the Lehigh Valley so I can run in that race. This will be the first race that my parents will be at (unless they decide to come to some this summer) But my goal is to truly RUN this race. To be a fit, runner.

I mentioned above that I have a new drive- a new passion. Last night as I was blogging about music, I realized how much I miss "Great Big Sea" I really want to see them in concert again. I've known about a concert about 4 hours from where I live and I've been debating about it. I don't have anyone to go with. But after listening to them last night, I REALLY want to go. It feels right. So I bought my ticket - with the condition that I WILL BE UNDER 200 POUNDS by the time of the concert. (March 17). So there it is - I get to go see my Band if I stick to my routine!

That's all I have for tonight. I need to get some sleep. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online