Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A real RUN.

Today was a great run. I can say that. It was a RUN. I am still on Week 1. But I felt that on my 3 2minute running increments, I was really running- not jogging (at least not compared to what I've done before)
It was a very surreal run. I didn't head out until about 5 minutes till sundown. (I am smart- my route is very low traffic) As I was running through the park, a light fog rolled in. I had the park mostly to myself, there were a few couples wandering through. But the one part I had the road to myself, the big trees all around me and the fog rolling in. If it weren't for the pavement under my feet I would have thought I was running through Sherwood Forest. Kinda like this (this is a pic I found on the web- not one of mine)
I had a lot of energy tonight and it felt so good. Maybe it's because I went out last night and met a kid (no idea if I'll ever see him again- but that's not the point) I'm socializing, getting out there. I feel re-energized.
So now that I feel incredibly icky (sweaty) I'm gonna go take a shower and cuddle up with a movie. I should be around more often now. :)

Today's run:



Note about distances: I guess progress has been made. Last time I ran this "song list" I only went 2.98k today was 3.03k yeah, yeah it's not a lot, but it's something.

Oh yeah, about my route (not sure if I mentioned this before) It starts off going down a pretty steep hill, which of course means I end coming back UP that hill. I think it's between 1/8 and 1/4 mile hill.

2 Comments:

wendy said...

you are getting out there, and that's progress indeed. =) As I often remind people, the best runners are the ones having the most fun! Don't beat yourself up about "only week 1", or "not much difference"...whatever. When you're out there, smile and remind yourself that you COULD be sitting on your butt eating bon bons or stalking blogs all day. ;-)

Irene said...

I so wished I could have been there and run with you!

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online