Monday, July 7, 2008

Unexpected Surprise

Yes I know that's a bit redundant. But it's worthwhile. First off though, I had a great day at the golf course. I shot a 39, had 2 birdies, a par, won 2 skins, and tied for low gross score. Yeah it was a good day. Food was great - for the most part.
Breakfast- tea and a breakfast bar
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Turkey and non-fat cheese on wheat bun, light yogurt.
Early Dinner: Hot dog at the course (ok- not so good, but I was hungry)
Snack: My Monday night treat- small cookie dough blizzard from DQ
Late Dinner: Large Italian Lettuce Salad (light croutons and low fat cheese) with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
oh yeah- and I had a gatorade in there too - I've become a big fan.

Since I got done at the golf course, I've been siting on the couch, munching on my salad, perusing people's blogs. I updated my exercise log to include today's information and THAT'S WHEN IT HIT. What you might ask? Well, a few posts ago I mentioned that I was trying to stay busy because an "anniversary" type date was approaching and my all too good memory would probably cause the day to be bad- again. I am in total shock. I kid you not. Here it is well over 12 hours of awakeness on this day and NOT ONCE did that terrible thought cross my mind. And in fact now that it has- nothing. Not even a flip flop or a hint of queasiness. I'm TOTALLY OKAY. It's a very empowering feeling, to know that this day will not haunt me forever, as I feared. I'm ok. I'll be ok. In fact... I'm MORE than ok- I'm great. I had a totally awesome day. Wow.

I guess now I just have to get back down to business on my running and working out. I've gotten the food back on track. I've decided to "treat" myself to DQ on Mondays (since small blizzards are only $2). I know the key to my fitness success is to get OFF MY BUTT and SWEAT a little (or a lot.)

It is definitely a new day for me!!! Woohoo!!:)

6 Comments:

wendy said...

You sound like you're in such good spirits!

Let me know how the run club search goes, and find a copy of sole sisters!!

Irene said...

That's awesome about finding the run club in your area.

Keep an eye on your Gatorade intake if you're not using it after or during exercise or running, due to the sugar and salt in it.

Glad to hear everything is going so well for you! I loved that you went for a walk with your dad, too!

Take care.

Michelle said...

Joining a run club sounds like a fabulous idea! Goes well with the Human Race idea. Glad the whole Luke thing is becoming a memory that doesn't have pain attached to it. That's a good feeling when it starts to happen.

tallmama said...

I've tagged you...go check out my blog.
(glad you made it thru "the day"!)

Donna B said...

You're doing great! Wish I could get that much exercise in, or be as motivated as you! Keep up the good work!

Michelle said...

hey, I tagged you too! TallMama beat me to it though. probably the same one. Check it out at my blog :)

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online