Sunday, August 31, 2008

I DID IT!!!

1:33:22
Whew! I did it. My plan was to walk for a song then run for a song. I pretty much held to that. I couldn't run up the hill, heading to halfway(home), so I missed a song there and during the second 5k sometimes I couldn't run for the whole song, but I did as much as I could, and I ran to the finish. I'm happy and then I saw my time! Woohoo! Right about where I had hoped it would be. I stopped for a drink 4 times, 3 water and my gatorade, but those stops were less than 20 seconds each (I don't know exact times- probably even less).
What I thought was really cool is that there was another girl running the same thing down in the park. We passed by each other several times and her dad (assumingly, he was running with her) offered me some words of encouragement too. It was such an energy boost to see someone else running the same race.
A few things a little on the negative side:
This shirt is totally not comfortable, perhaps if I had bought the right size I would have liked it better. But I wore it- proudly.
If I never run another 10k, I'd be ok with that. It's a long race (of course I made it even longer by walking a lot) but still I think 5k is definitely my race. Of course if they offer this race again, I'll probably do it, but I don't think I'd do any other 10k.
My race:

As of 11:00 this morning (my time) I'm ranked 8398th. I'll take it :)

3 Comments:

Irene said...

Congratulations! I'm really impressed with how quickly you went from doing a 5k to doing a 10K. It took me a few years to get beyond doing 5ks.

Job well done!

Michelle said...

Yay!! What a huge accomplishment. I'm really impressed too. Great job!!

Irene said...

Where have you been? I hope everything is well!

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online