Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wake Up Call

First of all.. before I start rambling- I started week 2 today.

I need to change a few songs in my playlist, they were a bit slow- even for walking. Week 2 has me warming up for 8 minutes, then run 4 min, walk 2, run 2, walk 2, run 4, cool down(walk) 8. So I did actually run for 1/3 of the time! 10 whole minutes.

So now down to business of the many revelations coming to me in the last 24 hours.

1) Cute Boys Men
This week I have encountered 3 cute guys (well more than that I'm sure, but 3 with whom I became familiar or know) This acted as a reminder to me that I am a girl woman who wants to fall in love, etc. I know- more than anyone- that you can't lose weight for anyone but yourself. But I also know that the type of guy I want to fall for, deserves more than what I can offer right now. I've come to this conclusion over a lot of thought and reasoning. I've long thought the guys I liked were always just "out of my league" however, I haven't been doing a good job (over the years) on my end. I've realized that I only see them as out of my league because I don't think highly enough of myself. (physically- believe me- I know the rest of me is well above average :) hee hee. ) I want to be the kind of girl woman that attracts men, and I want to FEEL that I do.
I don't want to get into specific details about who these guys are - you never know if they read this or not. I will say one I met at a bar, and the two others are from the golf course.

2) Bridal Shower
Ok this kinda matches with the above comments. But it was a family gathering and well, I didn't get any compliments. Which is ok, since I hated the ones I was given last week. People are commenting that I lost more weight, or asking me how much more I've lost, and truthfully- I'm up. Today I was around 211. I'm HOPING some of this is because I've been running more, and such - perhaps I'm building some muscle up and soon it will start shedding again.

3) Clothes Shopping
Ugh. I was at WalMart today and was trying on some pants, getting ready to go back to school. And nothing was fitting correctly. I didn't like the sizes that I would be required to purchase, so I gave up shopping. However, it reminded me of what my end goal is, and what I need to do to get there. While I was at Walmart, I did a little grocery shopping and picked up some good turkey, yogurt, cereal, supplies for english muffin pizzas, brown rice, and some low sugar jelly. I also stopped at Subway for dinner. (no cookies!)

4) Arrival of Purchase
As I was heading out to my run, I received a package. It's my official Human Race Shirt with my own Bib number on it. It's really cool- and looks kinda small (see comments #3). However, I now have it hanging prominently so the next time that I feel like brushing off a run, I will see that I have a deadline - August 31. I want to be decent at a 5k by then (even though the race is a 10k).

5) My birthday is coming up
Ok not really THAT close, it's in October. However, I know where I'd like to be by then. I know who I want to BE by then. And I think I have time to make significant progress to get there.

So what am I doing about all this?
Well I'm back on track, I'm consciously choosing my foods, I making sure I work out more often.
I have some deadlines to work toward - look forward to:

August 22 - report back to school (2 weeks 6 days)
August 25- first day of school (3 weeks 2 days)
August 31 - Human Race 10K (4 weeks)
September 27- Cousin's Wedding (almost 8 weeks)
October 2- NKOTB Concert (9 weeks)
October 11- My 30th Birthday (10 weeks)

If I could lose 2lbs a week, I could be down to about 190 by my birthday.

Then a few further down the road:
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years :)

0 Comments:

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online