Friday, August 15, 2008

True Contentment

Happy: characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy.
Content: satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.

At this current juncture I feel both of these. It's strange. I'm not sure I've truly felt these before and if I have it was LONG LONG time ago. And yes, a guy has to do with SOME of it. A lot of it though comes from the fact that I'm looking forward to the school year. I like my new principal, I feel like I will be supported (and defended when necessary) - something that was greatly missing in my past boss. I have been much more outgoing lately, people at the golf course seem to be taking notice of me. I have little kids that are my fans. - Today the kids' of the golf course owner learned my name and everytime they saw me they shouted "Megan!" (they are 4 and 2) - cute!

I also have a Grandma replacement. The mother of the golf course owner has been great to me. She is not old enough to be MY Grandma, but she reminds me of my Grandma when I (and she) was younger. She's been so excited for me as I tell her of my newest interest and she cheers whole-heartedly for me. She knows the right things to say and knows when it's best just to listen.

Things are just GREAT. I can't put it in words, really. I find myself with just a huge smile on my face whenever I think about my new golf friends, my "new" job, my new boss, the possibilities of this school year, the fact that my weight is finally starting to drop again, and of course- the new guy ;).

A few more details...
We went out Tuesday with my friends and had a great time. Last night we were supposed to watch a movie, but got too engrossed in the Olympics - but I'm ok with that. Especially since he promised we'd rent it again =) He's out of town for the weekend, but promised to call when he gets back. I learned that he is 37, 7 years older than me and I don't care. We have too much in common and we have fun together. I've also realized I don't care about the smoking. I mean obviously I'd rather he didn't - for health, etc- but overall it doesn't bother me. Right now we are just hanging out, and I'm totally ok with that.

It's all good. =)

0 Comments:

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online