Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm in love. . . . with a Band!

UPDATE- HERE ARE MY PICTURES, FINALLY




Wow. What a day. I'm totally exhausted and ready to fall asleep, but I really need to write this while it's all fresh.

This morning I had a golf outing, my cousin nearly got a hole in one on a par 4! Quite Awesome. Anyway I was playing golf with Lynne, the woman I mentioned in the previous post. We were discussing "the new guy" and what's been going on. I was asked what he looked like, and felt kinda silly because I couldn't describe him. I could probably draw a picture of him but I can't verbally tell you anything. (I can see him in my head though!) My brain sometimes can't connect from one side to the other I think. lol. Anyway the early afternoon went by without too much.

We sold a lot at the garage sale the last few days and I helped my parents move some furniture. I then headed to Akron (about an hour away) to see a concert. Unfortunately no one knows who this band is and so no one wanted to go with me (a few who probably would were out of town) But I was determined, I REALLY wanted to see this concert. Oh yeah, they are called Great Big Sea. So I got there, got myself a chair, a slushy, and then spotted the merchandise table. YAY. I bought 2 shirts and a signed picture. While I was in line I started talking to another girl in line. She has seen them in concert and was telling me about how awesome it was etc.

The opening act was Jeremy Fisher - who was surprisingly entertaining. I saw that my "new friend" had her chair way up front and there appeared to be room near her, so I asked if I could sit up with her and her friend- she said sure. They were a lot of fun, and it was nice to have some people to enjoy the concert with.

Photos of Jeremy Fisher. (will be inserted on Sunday)

I have a slight confession to make. While I love the music of GBS, I had no idea what they looked like or who they actually were- I didn't know their names or anything! That's one of the reasons I bought the picture. I noticed that in the picture they all had long hair. Cool enough.

So I was kinda surprised when the band came out and only the lead singer had long hair. But I also received the COOLEST surprise ever. The "all purpose musician, Bob" (he plays the whistle, mandolin, guitar, accordian, shakers and I don't even know what else!) looked JUST LIKE the guy I'm interested in. I mean they could be twins!! Talk about a great treat- I pretty much stared at him all night long :) He even had the same mannerisms and smile! WOW. So anyway I will post my pictures from the concert tomorrow- I'm way too tired right now. But here are few pics of GBS from their websites. The one with all three of them resembles my interest best, but the resemblence is still very strong in the other one, too. Of course seeing the mannerisms, a slightly different goatie, and being a little further away - made the look alikeness much stronger at the concert. But still- you get the idea! (These pictures are of Bob from Great Big Sea and The 3 leads of Great Big Sea)






















I am most likely going to see GBS again in September and Bridgette (the girl I met at the concert) invited me to hang out with her at that concert, too!

COOL.
Well as I said, I'm exhausted. And so happy!!! =) YAY.

2 Comments:

wendy said...

hey girl! you sound very happy with all the activities going on in your life.

how's the running going?

BTW, I was forced into playing a round of golf Friday. I have played once before about 13 years ago, and I'm not sure I actually played that much at the time. I think I just whacked at the ball a couple of times. =) Apparently, 13 years later, I still suck. =)

Have a great week, and I hope things continue wonderfully for you!

Michelle said...

What a great time! Can't wait to hear more. I think you owe me an email :)

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online