Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beautiful Saturday

Today's Run:


It really looks like it should.. you can see my 2 4min runs and the 2 min in the middle :)
Perhaps you would like to see my mishmash of varied musical tastes.. here's today's playlist:

  1. Jump -Van Halen
  2. Learning to Fly - Tom Petty
  3. Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
  4. One Tin Soldier- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
  5. Maybe Baby- Buddy Holly
  6. Fun, Fun, Fun - Beach Boys
  7. Picture Perfect- Michael W. Smith
  8. You Get What You Give - New Radicals
  9. See You Again- Miley Cyrus

Oh.. you wanted to know why I was so happy? Well.. I'll get to that... lol. OK, well if you remember about a week ago I mentioned that there were a few guys that I was interested in.

Well.. in a nutshell, I think one might be interested back.

Here's the story -
It all started last Tuesday I went to the "In Between Lounge" again - in hopes of seeing the cute kid from the week before. Instead I met a completely drunk guy from Dayton. He was nice, kinda cute, but well.. drunk. I was kinda glad when my friend Andy finally arrived. I was talking to him (Andy) about a few of the guys I was interested in (Andy is not one of them), so we were discussing this guy from my golf league. Andy told me that if I invited him (golf) to the bar next week, Andy would do Karaoke. Hee hee. Andy gave me some pointers on what I could say, etc.

So as golfing arrived on Friday I was a ball of nerves. I got to golf with this guy again and go figure, I was too nervous - I've golfed with him virtually EVERY week with no problem - now today I'm nervous?? Anyway, he was having a bad golfing day too. And of course the whole time I'm golfing I'm trying to figure out how to invite him to the bar. Finally on the 7th hole I got an idea. I bet him drinks that I could beat him on the last two holes. HE AGREED! So this means, even if I play horribly, I'll still get him to the bar =)

We tied the first hole, then I fell apart- kinda. I had two HORRIBLE shots. He beat me by 1. (I won overall though, 47 to 49) So I was pretty happy. Our league has a little cookout after we play and we all sit around and talk. I try to be social with everyone, but this guy and Joe (yes, I'm purposely not using his name) seem to captivate my attention most. They tell the best stories and I love just sitting and listening. Last night was no different - they were sharing stories of their juvenile mischief making. (some happening just a few years ago!)

So as we were leaving, we started discussing plans for Tuesday. So I gave him my phone number. :) Then he asked if I watch movies, and if I was doing anything THIS WEEKEND. (of course I'm not!) So he said he'd call. When he got home last night. We kept talking in the parking lot. About movies, music, cell phones, etc. (soon we were the only ones left) And sure enough he called last night. We talked for over an hour- about all kinds of stuff. We have even more in common than I thought. He's supposed to call me this evening and perhaps we will watch a movie or something tonight.

So there you have it. That's why I have such a huge smile (but I'm going to make it a little smaller now- only because it takes up so much room) my actual smile has not faded by a long shot.

I do have a few small hiccups/concerns that I'm trying to deal with- the biggest of which is he smokes. I don't know if it's just a golf thing, or all the time. Like I said I'm trying to figure out this stuff, like does that out-weigh all the things we have in common, etc. The other much more minor issue, I think, is I think he's at least 5 years older than me. But that's ok right?

MY biggest issue is to just RELAX, enjoy whatever this is, not rush things, not push things, JUST ENJOY.

But I can't stop smiling. It feels good. =)

3 Comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how exciting!! Enjoy the fun time when you don't have to take things too seriously yet but they feel so exciting!! Yay!

Congrats on your run, it looks fabulous!

wendy said...

I'm glad you've made a new friend! I for one could not handle cigarette smoke whatsoever, but my allergies are so bad, I'm pretty limited on that kind of stuff.

How's the sole sisters book coming along? Happy running!

Irene said...

Yes, that is exciting! Enjoy!

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online