Sunday, August 3, 2008

I love projects

I've added like 3 posts in the last 2 days. Make sure you check them all out!

Early Morning Run - technically posted on Saturday, but it's all about Friday 8/1/08
Wake Up Call - Saturday 8/2/08 8:27 pm
Newest Helper - Saturday 8/2/08 10:24 pm




OK so in my last post I mentioned going to a baby shower and that I had some projects to work on. Well... 3 hours later and I'm finally done. I had one minor glitch but overall I can't wait for them to open the presents! I doubt either the mom-to-be or dad-to-be will read this before the shower, so I'll spill all for you to see.

Some background on the Mom and Dad... That's them. Chris and I are cousins. My dad and his mom are actually twins. Anyway, we have an Irish heritage (see our Family Reunion Site) and I'm so incredibly jealous but My Aunt, Uncle, Chris and Missy went to Ireland in May. In fact, the name they chose for their new daughter is inspired by the Irish performer on American Idol, Carly. So I wanted to give them something Irish-like. My original idea was to make her (the baby) a t-shirt that said "My parents went to Ireland and all I got was this T-shirt" Except, the t-shirt wouldn't be from Ireland and the baby went too! So I decided instead to find some other Irish goodies. I found a pair of booties that have shamrocks on them (I don't have a pic of those). I also found a great Irish blessing for new babies and I designed a page and printed it (I got to see the nursery today - so I made it to match) . Here's what the framed image looks like (click to see it bigger) the frame is actually pewter in color.

I also decided to personalize a onesie to match the personality of this family. Actually I personalized 3 of them. I'll tell you about the other two in a minute. Here's the Irish one: It says "Irish Princess"

As I mentioned earlier, I got to see the nursery today and they picked a good one. Lady Bugs by Kidsline. It's great, they won't have to update the room until little Carly is at least 8 or 9. I decided to be cute and I designed the other two onesies to match the room. Below I have included a general picture of the Lady Bug line from Kidsline and then a close up of the images I made and the final onesies.
This is NOT my cousin's room. This was a pic I found on the web. They painted the bottom half of the room about that same green, they have the border cutting across. They do have the dark wood furniture though. It's kinda hard to see the ladybugs, so here are the close-ups of the images I used on the shirts. You can see all the Kidsline accessories at their website.






















OK I'm done now. I'm going bed.

2 Comments:

wendy said...

look at you! so crafty! =)

I wanted to get back to you on the HR comment...I've been monitoring my heart rate for my training lately, so I'm aiming to keep it under 165. =) I've got a Suunto watch (like a Garmin, only not a GPS) to track my training, so I won't die anytime soon. At least, that's the theory. ;-)

Have a great week of workouts, and I think your goals are fantastic. My b-day is in October too, so I've got pretty similar goals. =)

Irene said...

Cute projects! I love the Irish theme. :)

Re: my surgery. Here's the link that says what happened:

http://magazinesmiles.blogspot.com/2008/05/down-but-not-out.html

Also,
Great pictures from the reunion!

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online