Saturday, June 14, 2008

What a great day!

Today I played THE BEST GAME of my life! I shot 1 over par at Bedford Trails. I had a 36. Prior to this my best was a 41 I think. I parred every hole except one of the par 3s. Even my "misses" were golden. My putts were dropping, it was amazing. I'm pretty sure it's because, well 2 reasons:
1- I was using clubs that are much more forgiving and easier to hit than my normal ones.
2- I was RELAXED. I think this is the first time in MONTHS that I truly felt relaxed.

For those of you who don't care about golf, you might want to skip the next few paragraphs :) It's a play-by-play.

MY GAME
Weather was BEAUTIFUL! The sun was shining, it was nearing 80. I played in the evening, teed off around 5:45.
Hole 10 - I did take a mulligan on my first drive. Drive went to left side of fairway, just in the rough. I was about 140 yards out. I used a 6 iron and got to just short of the green, chipped up nicely and putted in.
Hole 11 - Nearly drove the green! Ball was sitting right next to the big Tree roughly 40 yards out. Chipped on, 2 putted. (no complaints- the first putt was long)
*There was a skunk wandering around while I was playing this hole!*
Hole 12 (Par 3) - Teed off with 8 iron, perfect club, ended up exactly pin high, on the right fringe. Chip went a bit far, ended up 2 putting. For the ONLY BOGEY of the day!
Hole 13 - Drive was to the right, but left of cart path. I was left with about a 125 yard approach shot, the 8 iron shot landed about 30 feet from the pin. The par putt did a 270 degree ring around the cup before falling in.
Hole 14 - I hit the drive a bit thin and it ran. It was right, about even with the group of trees, in the fairway though. I used an 8 iron to hit the 120 yard approach. It landed 27 feet from the pin (using my own feet as a rough estimate) My birdie putt LIPPED OUT!! I made par.
Hole 15 (Par 5) - My drive went far, right, but still in the fairway. I tried to hit a 3 wood from about 220 out. I won't anymore. I chunked it and ended up about 120 yards out. But the trusty 8 iron landed me close and I made the par putt.
Hole 16 - My drive went right again, but stayed in the fairway. My approach shot was only about 110 yards. I used the 9 iron and pulled it a little left. I was on the fringe to the left of the green, I chipped up, and made the 2 foot par putt.
Hole 17- The drive was long, but over near the trees, luckily I still had a shot to the green (only about 100 yards). I used the pitching wedge but ended up a bit short, my next chip was better and I sunk my par putt.
Hole 18 (Par 3)- The last hole I used the 8 iron again and landed on the back right of the green. I was close on my birdie putt, but got the par.

A note on my apparel - I wore my black athletic shorts, my new golf shoes (see yesterday's post), and my BRAND NEW "BLEWITT BACKER" T-SHIRT.

I should also note that when I went to the gym this morning/afternoon I got to see some of my friends that I haven't seen in ages.. namely Mark and Mike.

1 Comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you're getting back to it! Sounds like you're having fun already. Keep it up!

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online