Saturday, June 14, 2008

Getting Back Into Things

So today I was inspired. The weather was cooler and it seemed the perfect day for me to get back to running. I've been hesitating on answering Michelle's questions about running until I have gotten back to doing it regularly- so I can remember why I love it so much.
So I got my shoes on, dug my headphones out, headed to the driveway where my iPod greeted me with an error message "Cannot Find Receiver". This was my signal that it had been WAY TOO Long since I had last run, because I had no idea what it was talking about! I searched for 15 minutes to find it. (I did, thank goodness). So as I was about to venture outside once again I noticed, much to my dismay that it was pouring down rain! Phooey. I thought it let up at one point but then as I was about to go again, it started going heavier again.
So, determined not to lose my motivation, I quickly packed up my gym bag and headed to the gym.
My intended goal was to walk/jog/run for 5k. As I got on the treadmill I kinda realized I was a bit rusty. I stayed on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then rode the recumbent bike for 10 minutes. My feet were numbing in weird places. I guess that's an ok re-start workout. I'll be able to go further again soon, I'm confident.

0 Comments:

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online