Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tried something New

Today I did an experiment that is very unlike me. I experimented with a recipe and I must admit, it's not bad. There are few tweaks I will make, and I will definitely try again.

Low Fat Potato Soup (my interpretation)
Makes 4 1 cup servings - supposedly
1/2 bag of Ore Ida Shredded Hashbrowns
2 cans of fat free/low salt College Inn Chicken Broth
1 packet of McCormick's Country Gravy (this I will try others next time - a little too spicy for me)

Brown the hashbrowns... add them to chicken broth, cook until potatoes are "squishy" then add the gravy mix. I let it simmer for a bit and then let it set - so the gravy would get thicker.

Surprisingly it really did taste like Potato Soup. :) and here are the nutritional stats for 1 cup:

Calories: 155
Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 1010mg (mostly from the gravy mix)
Carbs: 26g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 5g

0 Comments:

Golf Results

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online